Tuesday 10 November 2009

Water Cleansing

When I visited the doc for vaccination purposes, he suggested I take a chemical water cleansing agent with me, named Micropur. Supposedly this is also used by the army. Somehow I don't really like the idea of chemical water cleansing. It is low weight though, so I'll take a few tabs of that with me. Just for emergency cases however.

I think I do prefer the SODIS method,(see SODIS (Wikipedia, en) for details) when the water is somewhat safe. This simply involves filling the water into a PET bottle and exposing it to direct sunlight for 6 hours. For the rest of the time I'll hopefully be able to buy bottled water.
Of course there is all that fancy equipment I could buy (for Example UV-A lamps), but such equipment is either heavy or expensive and I don't intend to go for the extreme outdoor and survival experience. At least for now... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment