Thursday 19 November 2009

Dhrontal

Now, with just a few days left until my journey starts (on the 24th) I thought I'd show the place where I am spending my last days (in Germany). Which is a perfect opportunity to present the miserable image quality that I'll have to live with for now, since I'll be using a 'smartphone' to take the images. I am hoping to find a cheap camera of reasonable quality while traveling.. A cheap high quality camera is acceptable too. ;) Anybody willing to part with a waterproof Canon for a few bucks ? :P

The place I am staying currently is a place in the Dhrontal. The Dhrontal is a forested dale and I grew up here. Originally there was a water mill of some sort here, but nobody knows exactly what the mill processed. The water came from the brook called Dhron. When looking at the pictures the Dhron is between the willows which separate the pastures.


I made a few shots on a cloudy, cold and unfriendly day.

This is the maximum quality. Yep a maximum resolution of 320x240.
Awesome isn't it ? The neat thing is, that this seems perfect for blogging purposes! Oh and I can shoot thousands of images considering their small size.
Another option is to use a small crappy crappy video camera. That way I could make higher resolution images, which are just horribly noisy. That isn't the only catch though, battery lifetime is extremely short.


And lastly a few shots from today with better weather:


The Dhron:

 
 

I lived in that house, back when I lived here:

 

And before that in there:



There used to be an aviary of which you can still see the beams.








No comments:

Post a Comment