Saturday 28 December 2013

On my way to Stewart island

Tomorrow early in the morning I'll try to hitchhike to Bluff and from there take a ferry to Stewart island. Should things go right I'll immediately disappear into the subantartic jungle and this will be the last time anyone saw me for this year. So no early happy new year message from me. I'll be gone for a while.
I spent my last day in Invercargill buying some gear for the track. I am still lacking some things.. but oh well. And the rest of the day in the park. The aviary already gave me an idea of what to expect, but they had other birds as well. The African lovebirds are awesome always cuddling with another bird.
I also marveled at the icon of the city. A giant umbrella. Yes, because it rains so much and the rain could really become a problem in the island as well.
This will be the most difficult thing so far. I hope there will be some edible vegetation and that there is drinking water.
Oh well I'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment