Saturday 19 June 2010

The missionary position

A while ago I was approached by a few missionaries of the church of Jesus Christ. Two "elders" and one of them was just an ordinary member of the church. Of course they were Americans.
So I thought how hilarious, they want to try to convince me of their beliefs, or rather 'knowledge'. They told me they knew god exists. At that point I thought they are definitely lunatics, as it is logically impossible to know if a god exists(or not) if you argue that a god cannot be detected by scientific methods. On the other hand, if you argue that this god could be detected, than you have no case as this hasn't happened. So I thought well usually these church people are well connected, maybe they could be of use in finding me a room and it would be interesting to see what they would try. I have had many boring/frustrating discussions with Muslims all following the same flawed path of reasoning and I know two people who took part in a "Jugendfreizeit" (I think youth camp might be a workable translation..) by some christian sect. From what they told me it seemed, that they mixed some drugs into the food.
Well anyways I gave them my phone number and after I don't know a week or two I get an SMS that we could meet, if I had time the next days. Of course now that I am moving to Madrid I neither have time nor interest. At least that is how it would have been, if I had gone to Madrid today (I haven't). Then they send me a message that I could come today to a conference about social integration and the role of religion and government. Well since I didn't go to Madrid today already, I could have gone, but I have better things to do than to listen to a speech on how they plan to achieve more power. That's what this is about, the method of a sect to gain power. Draw in people who are in need, by offering them help. Earn their trust and strengthen ties with the government. Draw in the young, for they can be molded to become proper followers or sheeple as some say.
Funny though how young their "elders" were. :)

Well tomorrow I will definitely leave for Madrid!

No comments:

Post a Comment