Monday 6 April 2015

Kemaman

I hitched my way to kemaman, and planned to stay two days, because I felt I needed some time of rest after all the camping and suspected a fungal infection because of several red itchy patches of skin. At first things looked bleak. The only place there calling itself a hostel had a room rate of rm120 ... and nobody at the reception. I didn't give up however and managed to find a cheap enough hotel with one room for rm 25. It was a tiny room, barely enough space for the double bed(but with ensuite shower) and I wondered whether they used it for 'special' guests usually(fittingly called VIP room..). It was good enough for sleeping so I took it. I was pretty much the only foreigner around and locals were quite friendly especially the Chinese. A guy called Harry decided to give me a tour of kemamans heavy industry.

The place didn't seem as conservative as I read it would be, or the Chinese just don't care. I saw a few just wearing hot pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment