Saturday 25 January 2014

To Queenstown

After doing another 2 day trip at lake Manapouri (this time it was designed to be one too and I wasn't alone for a change), I finally worked up the motivation to leave te anau. The hitchhiking worked out quite neatly this time. I only waited for like half an hour at a place which was surprisingly invested with sand flies.. a couple of a Spanish guy and a French girl both living in Australia picked me up and took me for quite some way, then I was picked up by a Dutch couple driving with a campervan who brought me all the way to Queenstown, even though they don't like the place. It seems people either love the place or hate it. I reckon the people who party their brains out love it..
Then I had to try a few hostels to find a place to sleep although I booked two more in the first place I was at, because they had space the day after.
Now I survived the first night with drunk people on the street at night, hoping sleep will be easier at this other hostel. Next I'll probably check with the doc which tracks are available around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment