Monday 3 May 2010

Another intermission

Another intermission before I continue with my travel report. Just a short one. I arrived in Madrid on the 29th of April and am staying with students in Alcala de Henares now. The funny thing is I had my luggage searched when I entered the airport in Tanger. Apparently they thought my soap were drugs or explosives or whatever. Luckily my things can be packed and unpacked rather easily and they also didn't take everything out. This makes me think I could probably smuggle easily.

I have not actually seen Madrid yet .. but there is plenty of time. Today is the first day that I managed to log in though, because usually Google is not working here..most of the time. It seems there is some kind of conspiracy against Google in the south. I had problems with Google services in Morocco and now here. Although I think here it is the University blocking Google most of the time. On the other hand a tracert shows a very long path to the Google servers. Maybe the Internet connections in Spain (and Morocco) are just set up in a very bad manner. Well I made a hosts entry now, maybe that will help. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment