Saturday 13 February 2010

Long time no post.

Yes I am still alive and sort of well ( I have caught a cold).

A lot has happened since I arrived in Fes, Morocco. The most obvious thing is that I failed to post my plans before executing them. This was in a large part due to the fact, that I didn't plan anything, but also due to other circumstances. Well, I'll just start at the beginning I suppose. I just can't spice up things with fotos this time, because I haven't made any since arriving in Fes since there were so many with good Cameras around and I still have to ask for permission on whether I can post them.

So I took that flight on the 1st as mentioned in the last article and arrived on schedule in Madrid. Walking through endless corridors in the Madrid airport, denying offers for taxi transportation and waiting for the check-in for my next flight I arrived in the waiting hall for my flight to Fes. Unusually for Ryan Air the boarding started late. What's more, this time they actually carefully checked luggage to fit size requirements etc.. I think the flight was almost booked out. This all took quite some time and so we started late. I heard one of the guys responsible for the checking etc.. saying that this was the second longest boarding he had ever experienced. Lucky I wasn't around for the other one.. ;)

It was impossible to catch this up and so we arrived late. I don't remember, maybe it really was an hour too late ? On the flight I noticed a blonde girl with a green backpack and I wondered whether she was another couchsurfer, she definitely looked like a traveling student. But more on that in a few sentences.

Leaving the plane I felt a bit lost. Having booked no hotel or prepared anything I was wondering were I would end up. Well I had a contact from couchsurfing who would show me around in the city. So the first thing to do after getting my luggage would have been to call him. He also knew a few hotels he could show me.
Then there was an endless line in the reception hall of the airport and everyone had to fill out a form with information on job, place of departure and destination. The only problem was I had no pen and I wasn't the only person with that problem. The blonde girl and her friend (girl) also were looking for a pen. They asked a blonde guy who was filling out his form and I noticed on his form, that he came from Germany. I then asked him for a pen too, and learned that his name was Michael. We talked a bit and the girls(Hanusia and Paulina) joined in. It turned out nobody had booked a hotel yet, so we decided to look for one together and I told them I had a guy from Couchsurfing to call. As it turned out Hanusia and Paulina are both on Couchsurfing too and I thought: "Wow this seems far more common than I ever imagined!"

To be continued ... I am going to eat something now !

No comments:

Post a Comment